Thursday, July 23, 2009

Two students requesting Southwest

Jara and Lara (no relation) are both hoping they will find a host family in the Southwest. Both will arrive in August from Germany. Image how happy they would be to hear there is a family that will be waiting for them in Albuquerque -- ready to take that 1-hour drive to their new, beautiful home in Santa Fe!

Jara, 16, Germany (F)
Jara has what sounds to me like a secure and healthy sense of humor. In her profile letter she writes: “ … as I have already spend a lot of holidays without my family, I am very sure not to become homesick. I can only hope that you are not looking for a very silent girl. In that case, I may not be the best choice … Otherwise, I would like to be your “Jara in the House”.” She is on a volleyball team and would like to continue here in the USA. Jara hopes she’ll be offered drama, photography, and video arts during her academic year abroad. She enjoys working with children and will be offering her helping hands to a very fortunate volunteer opportunity.

Lara, 16, Germany (F)
Lara enjoys Latin and standard dancing, tennis, and friends. German and Math are her favorite studies. She hopes to continue her research work called "Jugend-Forscht and would like to teach it to younger people as her community project. She’s looking forward to introducing her host family to the cultures of Germany (Christmas, Oktoberfest, food). Lara expects to miss family and friends but looks forward to making new friendships (perhaps lifelong). And like Jara, Lara also has a great sense of humor too. She says, "Unfortunately I'm not communicative in the early morning, but perhaps your morning-talks are so interesting that I will like to talk!?"

Think about sharing that end of summer hike on the mesa, Thanksgiving dinner, a Canyon Rd. luminaria walk with a foreign exchange student. Open your heart and your home to a high school exchange student.

1 comment:

  1. Im looking for two twins sisters Jara and Lara who lived in Ireland in their childhood. They must be teenagers now. They know a friend of mine that I lost contact with. I wish the girls can help me to find him. His name is Khalil Alagha. Please, if you are the girls, contact me, please. Thank you.
    bmfffs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete